This lovely chickpea, quinoa, and halloumi salad can be prepared in about 30 minutes and has everything you need — crisp greens, lots of protein, and bursting with flavor. It’s very satisfying!
Warm Halloumi with Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water or stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- a handful of pomegranate seeds
- sea salt and black pepper
- 4 slices halloumi cheese
- 2 large handfuls of watercress
- For the quinoa: Pour the water or stock into a medium saucepan with 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, and let simmer until all the water is absorbed. Turn the heat off, give the quinoa a stir to fluff it up, and set aside to cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (everything but the watercress) in a large bowl.
- Now add the quinoa to the other ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- To prepare the halloumi, slice it into about 1/2 cm slices. Heat a small frying pan and add the halloumi. Brown for a few minutes on each side. You may add olive oil to this, but I fry my halloumi in a nonstick pan without oil and it works perfectly.
- To assemble the salad, place the watercress on a plate, top with the quinoa mixture, and place the golden halloumi on top. Bon appetit!
- About 550 calories per serving.
Sousan Alwan https://sousanalwan.com/